What You Will Need to Repair Your Therm-a-Rest®
- Repair Kit
- A way to mark the leak (marker, pen or tape.)
- Scissors or other cutting tool.
Repairing Large Punctures and Tears
1. Locate damaged area
2. Cut patch in a round shape approximately 1” larger than the damaged area.
3. Center patch over damaged area.
4. Using a ball point pen lightly trace the outline of the patch on the mattress.
5. Apply the adhesive to the damaged area.
6. Work adhesive into the fabric fibers with the tube nozzle all the way out to the trace mark.
7. Apply patch to fully cover the adhesive.
8. Place the empty zip lock bag on top of the patch.
9. Place a flat bottom pan (or other flat object) on top of the patch, put a little water in the pan for weight if needed.
10. Let mattress sit undisturbed for 22 hours.
11. Close valve and begin to use.
Repairing small punctures.
1. Locate leak:
a. Inflate mattress as firmly as possible by mouth.
b. Fold mattress in half to increase air pressure
c. Dunk mattress in water or rub soapy water on the surface.
d. Look for small escaping bubbles indicating the leak.
2. Mark puncture
3. Dry mattress
4. Open Valve
5. Work a drop of adhesive into the puncture until area becomes dark in color.
6. Let adhesive cure until dry to the touch (2 hours)
7. Ready for Use