The opinion of Aventure Nordique
Ultra-light and technical, our Spark Series bags are designed to keep you as warm as possible while minimising packed weight and size.
The Spark Series spans everything from an ultralight liner to an expedition weight mid-winter bag. While the end usage is very different, they reflect a design ethos of matching weather conditions to the lightest bag possible.
The secret to the impressive performance is a combination of premium materials and careful design. The RDS 850+ Loft premium goose down, light-gauge #3 YKK zip and high performance 10D Nylon shell and 7D lining fabrics, set the stage for superior performance. These materials are combined with a contoured mummy design for efficient insulation, and that mummy design is then tweaked for each model to best fit the use scenario.
Our ULTRA-DRY Down water-repellent treatment protects the down from external moisture and condensation from the inside of the bag, virtually eliminating the negative effects moisture has on down. All Sea to Summit Down Sleeping Bags use Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified down. The ULTRADRY Down protection also makes the Spark an impressive hard-alpine or adventure racing bag, where every gram is counted and down has never been a viable option.
- Ultralight 7D and 10D fabrics for minimal weight and packed size
- RDS 850+ Loft Premium Goose ULTRA-DRY Down for maximum insulation value
- Contoured mummy shape for comfort and efficient insulation
- Vertical chest baffles prevent down migration and cold spots
- Uses a full box baffle construction to accommodate extra down and reduce cold spots
- Expedition mummy bag sizing provides extra space for layered clothing or extra wriggle room
- Vertical baffles on chest optimises positions of down to prevent it moving during use
- Full side zip with two sliders provides easy access and extra ventilation options
- Zipper draft tube, hood and front neck draft collar to prevent warmth being lost when it’s needed
- Includes lightweight Ultra-Sil Nano compression bag for compact storage
|Manufacturer||Sea to Summit|
|Product name||Spark SP III|
|Dimensions||M : Up to 183 cm - L : up to198 cm|
|Shoulders - Hips - Feet:||R : 155/135/94 cm - L : 162/142/100 cm|
|Outer shell||Nylon 10 deniers|
|Inner lining||Nylon 7 deniers|
|Fill Weights||R : 430 g - L : 485 g|
|Weight||R : 665 g - L : 745 g|
|Additional information||Contoured mummy; 10D Pertex Quantum shell for minimal weight and bulk; sewn through lateral baffles for optimal weight/bulk/warmth ratio; 55/45 fill ratio; contoured hood with drawcord; tapered footbox; 1/3 length YKK #3 side zip; includes lightweight 15D Ultra-Sil® compression bag, mesh storage cell and laundry bag.|
|Eco-responsible contribution||The Responsible Down Standard (RDS) label guarantees the protection of goose and ducks reared for the production of sleeping bags or down jackets containing feathers and down. The RDS lining means that it does not come from animals that have been subjected to cruel treatment. This label allows traceability to identify the origin of the down.|