The opinion of Aventure Nordique
The Baffin Borealis looks like a hiking boot from a distance, but up close it's much more than a walking boot.
From bottom to top, it has:
- A performance sole for walking in (and out of) snow,
- An ultra-lightweight and totally waterproof TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) outer shell. No need for Gore-Tex or any other membrane, this flexible plastic protects you from infiltration.
- On the inside, an insulating sole (with aluminium coating) insulates you from the ground.
- The inside is a removable liner: outside in neoprene. Provides excellent thermal insulation. The liner has a removable sole.
- On the outside, lacing closure.
The Borealis can be used in snow and in low temperatures (-5°C to -30°C). It is both light and flexible for walking, but rigid enough to be used with snowshoes or ski-snowshoes.
|Sizes||40,5 UE (7 US) - 48,5 UE (14 US)|
Rating from 5°C to -30°C
|Country of Manufacture||China|