The opinion of Aventure Nordique
The Exped Ultra 3R is a lightweight, insulated, synthetic fibre air mattress in rectangular form. It has very high performance characteristics.
- Insulation: Synmat Technology filling, Texpedloft micro-fibres of 60 g/m², allowing a temperature of use down to -5°C. This is a 4 season mattress with an R-Value of 2.9, ASTM F3340-18 standard.
- Comfortable: in size M, you have a thickness of 7 cm with a maximum width of 52 cm and a length of 183 cm. The flanges on the edges of the mattress are higher than the others, which prevents the mattress from slipping off.
- Lightness: The materials used (20 denier recycled polyester) allow Exped to offer a very light mattress: 465 grams, which is an achievement considering the comfort it provides and the thermal performance.
The Ultra 3R has two flat valves that do not protrude from the mattress, one for inflation with a non-return valve and one for deflation. It is sold with the Schnozzel Pumpbag UL to make inflation easier and to avoid sending wet air into the mattress structure.
The rectangular shape is particularly interesting:
- For more surface area for people on the move.
- Not to feel the cold of the floor right next to you.
|Product name||Ultra 3R|
|Length||S : 163 cm - M : 183 cm - MW : 183 cm - LW : 197 cm|
|Width||S : 52 cm - M : 52 cm - MW : 65 cm - LW : 65 cm|
|Folded||S : 27 x 13 cm - M : 27 x 13 cm - MW : 32 x 14 cm - LW : 32 x 14 cm|
|Weight||S : 415 g - M : 465 g - MW : 565 g - LW : 595 g|
|Accessories||Repair Kit, Storage bag, Inflation Stuff Sack|
|Country of Manufacture||Taiwan|